A MINHA CONVERSA COM O JONATHAN YOUNG

mythic novels (a resposta dele)
Luís

This note makes the project much clearer. You have a calling and the path ahead is taking the shape of a novel. This is a marvelous form that can be accessible to ordinary people. It is probably much more helpful than more scholarship on the nature of the folklore.Your studies of mythic patterns should serve you well. Working with three key tales of your tribe is the perfect foundation for the mythic imagination. The key is to focus on the small moments, not the big picture.Please remember that Campbell's work rests primarily on the pedagogical or psychological function. The heart of a re-telling is reaching the individual personally and emotionally. The lasting mythic tales always helped people in their immediate life situations.I think part of Campbell's avoidance of the sociological function is that focusing there tends to draw us into trying to impress others. Thinking too much about the possible impact of one's work can take away from the quiet tenderness that leads to beauty. In story terms, the betrayals, setbacks, collapse and survival scenes are more important that the brief ultimate moments of triumph. It is in the humanity of the struggle that meaningful wisdom is revealed.To put it another way, try to develop the questions well. Dwell on the parts of the story that frame inquiries clearly. If you include any answers or possible solutions, try to be brief and vague. Problems tend to be universal. Answers vary from person to person and do not hold up well over time. If you can help the reader reflect on the major mysteries of life, you will have provided a service. Psychologically, it is about getting beyond the control fantasies of the conscious ego state to the greater wisdom of the unconscious. A clear answer only reveals the thin grasp of the conscious self. An image can suggest the deeper knowing of the unconscious. That is why the heart of myth (and novels) is metaphor, not advice.So, best of luck in the long road you have chosen. The way of the artist is an intense inner journey. Being a humble servant of something larger than yourself is not an easy task. Approach the work like psychoanalysis. You will be changed in ways you do not expect.
Jonathan

my interest in successful novels (a minha pergunta)
Ola, Jonathan,

In our days bestsellers (books) are the same as blockbusters (films). All they mirror society, globally. Campbell said that "Myths and dreams come from the same place. They come in a breakthrough expansion of consciousness. (...) And the only myth worth talking about, in the immediate future, is that what speaks about the planet, (...) This is my fundamental idea of the myth yet to come."You know Jonathan I am only a warrior at the time (as in the book of Carlos Castaneda > THE FIRE FROM WITHIN)(1984), and I have been practising my control, discipline, and starting to be patience and lean on the sense of opportunity in every moment of life as I am becoming a man of knowledge.I wanna grow into a seer, and I see, a myth as a planetary one - The Fith Empire Myth. It is a myth that the prophet Daniel in the old testament talked about (and Nostradamus, and other seer's did talk about it also), and is still to come some people say. Others believe is already in place, like I believe is already happening a 'breakthrough expansion of consciousness'.10. - Apotheosis.I read on George Lucas' Personal Life in a site this "Joseph Campbell often noted that while mythic structure is universal, myth itself must be kept fresh through reinterpretation. Every generation must recontextualize myth to suit their times, to create their own road map for how to fit best into the world."You see, I have divided my life (43 years) in groups of five years each like you suggested to me, and the result was as follows:1. - The Call To Adventure3. - Supernatural Aid6. - The Road Of Trials(this is my personal mythic line, my personal mithology)...But then I intersected my Personal Myth with a few legends, myths and miracles of Portugal (that are known to represent the soul of my tribe). The result of that intersection isThe battle of Ourique (1139 a. C.) = 1. - The Call To AdventureMiracle of the Roses (1325 a. C.) = 3. - Supernatural AidMiracle of Fatima (1917 a. C.) = 6. - The Road Of Trials(this is a basis for a Historical Novel that I'll start working around February 'o8) (that novel is called O QUINTO IMPÉRIO ( The Fifth Empire)I am also following my heroes (models) line of mythology (lives):Frank herbert's Personal Life (DUNE), George Lucas' Personal Life (STAR WARS), The Wachowski Brothers (THE MATRIX).I believe I am fulfilling the mystical needs of myself, my tribe, my planet, as in 10. - Apotheosis.You see where I'm getting into? My plans are now to intersect the worldwide Public Myth with my tribe and my myth.Do you have a sense of context?I WILL CHECK OUT THE FILMS (BLOCKBUSTERS) AND THE BESTSELLERS (BOOKS) > > > As they are I believe the Worldwide Public Myth.The nearest I have that 'speaks about the planet' is, I know a commercial one (sociological function, as superficial as yourself said (and Campbell)) (as movies and books are distributed worldwide for profit) -- but -- myth itself must be kept fresh through reinterpretation.Once I know what is the Worldwide Myth About, I shall use IT mystically in my work (novel).So the essence of society is transformed into spirit.Sorry, Jonathan, as I am only able to work two functions of myth at a time (1) mystic, (3) sociologic.Is this sounding «right» to you of some kind? Is it obsolete? Am I directing in the pedagogical function???Right = Moral

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

O Monomito