The orange, the citrus juicer and the juice (Life Myths, Ideastory and Literature)

http://folkstory.com/Ola Jonathan, my new book is called ‘Prinsegracht 36’ (The Prince Ditch, 36) (It is a monastery turned into an alternative living and working community project, in The Hague, Holland, where I worked for five months in the year of 1997). I have just decided yesterday to use your e-mail answer as a guideline to plot. You may see the result in attachment. In 2004 I had a vividly dream which I wrote down in my notebook, and now and then, I wanted to write about it, but never did, ‘cos I lacked the right structure. Thank you, Jonathan. I also learned that *the big picture may be turned into the small moments. Hug, Luis Santana

* example: In my previous storyline, I wanted to travel the Universe to find answers (being the literary genre: Fantasy); instead I used the ex monastery as opposed to the Universe. And as for travel people come to me as the ex monastery is open to the public twice a week (and that makes my writing has literary merit).

(I now know how to apply an idea, to my life experience in the background. As it goes nowadays whether an idea sparks off, I look first backwards to see where I will locate the idea story in the ‘best’ place (in the best place of my whole life!). Before that I would only try to figure out what world and what people would I have to invent to populate and make alive the idea. I guess on this way (path) I’m going psychologically, NOT sociological.)

(I can, of course, as well (revert the process, and) look at my whole life and take a piece period or myth and then come up with some ideas to juice it, making a master piece (or Special World) out of the ordinary (world) -- that’s literature.)

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

O Monomito

A MINHA CONVERSA COM O JONATHAN YOUNG